Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ACHTUNG!!!!!!!

...or, should I say , "Howdy folks & gather round!" I'm unsure which feels better rolling off the tongue. Maybe the combination of the years in the great (by which I mean large) Republic of Texas, the quality Aryan blood pumping through my veins (indeed, by bringing me into the fold, another step complete in the completion of Erik's grand plans), and a binge too many has left me confused, but both statements seem fairly appropriate.

In spite of the voices that attempt to derail, Lyrad Simool refuses to veer from the path that Orson Welles forged and, therefore, will serve no wine before its time. Rest assured, however, that all the topics so tantilizingly proposed in the introduction below will find a home here; Paul, truly, is an asshole and the relevance of the world of professional wrestling deserves its voice. The one topic that was greivously omitted, though, and Erik should feel remiss, is the impending an future glory of the Denver Broncos, but all will be revealed in time.

For now, I would simply like to confirm the theory that the emotionless of Lutheranism plays a fantastic role in the art of deception and, thus, success at poker. When supression is trained from that early an age, even a straight flush will elicit little more than a confident blink and the day is yours. If parents would like their children to grow up as grifters, I'd suggest Lutheran instruction.

As I look toward the bottom of my third rum & ginger ale, though, and think about how great it tastes, I can't seem to decide on a proper garnish for the drink. A cherry is too sweet, a lime is too acidic, and an olive is out of the question. My current theory is a slice or two of ginger, but I sadly have not the resources to test this. Oh well, another night....