Thursday, November 23, 2006

Men: The Real Victims of Domestic Violence? Sure, Why Not

My new favorite site, Men's Activism, comes up with this doosy, claiming that most of the deaths from domestic violence in Utah are men. Do people actually believe this? I'm not saying that men are not victims of domestic violence. Of course that is not true. But to actually claim that men are greater victims of domestic violence than women is patently absurd. I'm going to try some other feats of logic equaling this.

1. Lions are the true victims of wildebeest on the African savannas. It's true--wildebeests kill 5 times more lions than lions kill wildebeests. How do I know this? Because I am a lion and therefore it must be true!

2. Jews broke 50 times as many German windows during Kristallnacht than German broke Jewish windows. How do I know this? Because I am a German and I know how those wily Jews are!

I could do this all day! It's amazing how you can change history when you decide that you are a victim even though you are a member of the most dominant sector of society!