Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Few Things

Over the next week, I'll be posting about some of the amazing things I saw on my tour of grassland ecologies on the US-Mexico border in the last week. But first, let me just mention a few things about things that have happened while I was gone.

1. Good to see the Yankees still sucking. Clemens is not going to push this team over the top. They are finished.

2. Very sad to note the death of the great anthropologist Mary Douglas, whose work, Purity and Danger, I can not recommend highly enough.

3. Thanks to Lyrad for posting my pictures of the day. Hopefully, he can avoid getting into any more fights.

4. I'll get into this in much more detail later, but no one on either side of the immigration issue who hasn't spent time there has no fucking clue what they are talking about. My mind was totally blown.

5. For the first time, the US has suffered over 100 deaths in consecutive months in Iraq. Great to see the surge working so well!

6. Jewel sucks and people need to have a sense of humor. (See comments of linked post for the second half of this)