Monday, September 17, 2007

Congratulations...To Me!

I want to congratulate myself on my fantasy baseball victory yesterday. I am a member of the Mountain Top Keeper League, an intense league of 12 (soon to be 14) teams. We have a 25 man major roster and a 50 man minors roster. Thus, my knowledge of minor league baseball is unhealthily high. This was my 6th season in the league. I took over a horrible team, stripped it down and started over. Yesterday, all my work paid off. My pitching staff of Peavy, Carmona, Escobar, Haren, and Meche dominated for me at the end of the year, particularly important with Colon, Willis, and Capuano having bad years. I also have a pretty solid offense with Russ Martin, Chase Utley, Mark Teixeira, Jimmy Rollins, Lance Berkman, and Eric Byrnes. Key free agent acquisitions Meche, Carlos Pena, and Aaron Rowand all worked out.

Basically, I'm the man. Now if I could only figure out how to draft a decent team, maybe I could win my yearly drafted league.