Sunday, September 09, 2007

Victors? No, we don't have any of them here.....

If you had told me, in a year where I don't expect much from the Bucks, that the University of Michigan Wolverines would start the season by losing to a I-AA team at home, and then suffer their worst loss at home since Ohio State's 1968 50-14 smackdown, I would have said you're a moron, but I'd take it.

Some more fun stats from yesterday's Oregon-Michigan "game" (maybe the Wolverines will show up in week three - maybe not). They are easily found in the AP report, but they're worth repeating:

-worst loss for UM at home since 1968.
-first time UM started 0-2 since 1959.
-first time UM has lost four straight in 40+ years.
-Michigan has lost 10 of their last 28 games, dating back to 2004, and 29 games since 2000 (they lost all of 13 games in the 1990s), and are 1-5 vs. Jim Tressel.


Hail to the conquering heroes indeed....