Friday, May 19, 2006

Back From the Dead (More or Less)

May has sucked.

I already blogged about the kidney stone. Well, I was admitted to the hospital last Thursday and got out late Friday morning. That was the worst of it. But even since then, I've hard sharp pains in my kidneys. I am pissing blood like you wouldn't believe. Supposedly this is normal. I have taken exactly 100 Motrin since Saturday morning. No doubt my liver thanks me. I had a lovely stint (the sexiest word in the English language) from Thursday through Tuesday. I was glad to get that out--for those of you who haven't had such a thing, imagine a rubber tube being pulled through your penis. For women I don't know what the equal experience would be. So that was fun. Unfortunately, it started my kidney pains, which had subsided by Tuesday, all over again. 2-3 times a day, I go through 30-45 minutes of pretty intense pain. I am OK the rest of the time. This is good. But a pain-free day would be nice.

Add that to the fact that it is hot as hell in New Mexico in May, the thing with the salvage title used car, and the end of the semester, and you can only imagine how much I have loved this month.