Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And the Winner is....Richard Cohen!!!

Although somewhat devastated that Jonah Goldberg only finished 7th in Salon's Hack Thirty columnists, Richard Cohen surely deserves the title. This is an awesome takedown:

I sometimes ask myself, who is the intended audience of a Richard Cohen column? Who reads a Richard Cohen column and thinks to himself, "Yes, I agree with this"? I don't write "thinks to herself" because I cannot fathom the existence of a woman who'd respond approvingly to this defense of Clarence Thomas' vocal appreciation of large breasts. I think Ginni herself would say it does Justice Thomas no favors to have the support of this guy. And what does Cohen leave out of his defense of Thomas? That he was accused of creating a hostile work environment himself, for making inappropriate comments to a 23-year-old editorial aide in the late-1990s.