Saturday, February 14, 2009

National Condom Week

According to my email from Planned Parenthood this morning, it's National Condom Week. They sent out a link to their playlist of their favorite condom videos on YouTube, but I found something even better:



This is from Neil Gaiman's "Death Talks About Life," a PSA comic about HIV and condom use, from 1994. It's out of print now, but was collected in Death: The High Cost of Living, which was one of the first comics I ever bought. Or you can read the whole thing at that link. (Also will soon be in an Absolute Death from Vertigo, so for those of you who are fangirls like me, rejoice!)

While I'm referencing holidays and comics writers, it is my duty to repost the sentiments of the wicked Warren Ellis:

Happy Valentine’s Day to all. And to those who hate the day, I say this: Valentine’s Day is a Christian corruption of a pagan festival involving werewolves, blood and fucking. So wish people a happy Horny Werewolf Day and see what happens.