Friday, July 28, 2006

Mr. Trend's Benefits of being out of the country (I): Cleveland heartbreaks

In the near future, Mr. Trend will be traveling to Brazil for an extended stay (over a year, hopefully). Now, I love life in the US, but there are many benefits from being away from it for awhile, too (number one being - one year out of the US right now is one year less of living under Bush).

But right now, one reason I'm glad I'll be gone? Greater distance from Cleveland sports. I had decent hopes for the Browns this year, what with their draft and their signing of the number one free agend on last year's market, center LeCharles Bentley.

But some forces hate the browns (see injuries from the past years: Winslow's broken leg; Winslow's motorcycle accident; a STAPH INFECTION (???) on Braylon Edwards last year). This year? Bentley's knee explodes on the first DAY of TRAINING camp. Out for the season. Suddenly, those hopes for a 8-8 or even 9-7 season have evaporated.

At least I won't be around to agonize over it during the season.