Monday, July 31, 2006

One Thing I Like About New Mexico

OK, so I kind of make fun of New Mexico a lot. It's hard not to. There's so much crazy stuff that goes on here. I have a incest story (among people I kind of know) that I really want to share but I can't because I don't want to get my source in trouble. So it's kind of hard to know what to make of this state.

But between the middle of July and the end of August this is one of the best places in the country to live. Why? The monsoon season. After nearly a year of wicked drought, we are having a top-notch monsoon this year. The monsoon means that it doesn't really get that hot. The highs for the last 3 days in Albuquerque: 81, 74, 84. Today was maybe in the mid 70s and it's been raining since about 5:00.

Unless you live in the Pacific Northwest, I know you all are seriously jealous. I'm remembering all of you when I am enjoying the beautiful days.

Also, when I talk about great weather, you have to understand that the closer the weather is to Oregon in November or March, the better it is. So maybe my views are a little skewed on this.