Friday, June 15, 2007

Buying a Laptop

I need to buy a laptop. I am a total idiot about these things. So I'm asking you all for some advice.

I've never actually purchased a computer before. I've always people around me who do these things so I don't have to. It's usually better for all involved.

A few questions:
1. Mac or PC? I've always worked with a PC but everyone seems to loathe the Vista thing. It seems that the cost, once you include things you have to buy for the PC like antivirus protection will be about the same. So it's a tough call. Mac people love them and I'm sure for good reason. On the other hand, I don't have time right now to figure out a whole new way of using a computer. But I don't want to buy an inferior product and regret it later.

2. Hardware--I don't need a whole lot--enough room for some music, basic Office functions, internet. All of the hardware language is really confusing to me. So any advice would be welcome.

3. Anything else you would recommend? I really don't know what I am doing here.