Sunday, July 09, 2006

Erik Has Trouble Dealing With The World (VI): Flip Flop Edition

How in the living hell do you people wear flip flops?

I thought, I'm in Asia, I'm going to be on the beach, I want to look cool so I can get some action you know. So I decide for the first time in my life to wear flip flops. I always hate having clunky shoes on the beach because they're hard to take off and they get sand in them, etc. So I get some. But within like half an hour of being on the beach I have this wicked blister between my toes. This was like 5 days ago and it's just getting better.

So what the fuck? Am I too stupid to deal with a technology as basic as flip flops? Is there some secret I don't know? Do you all have hardened calluses between your toes that probably won't even decompose when you die? What the hell is going on here?