Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tour de France--Go USA

On Floyd Landis' victory in the Tour de France, I'd just like to say that I love it when Americans win international sports that are closely followed in the rest of the world but that no one here actually cares about. I guess it brings out some sort of latent patriotism in me. Who knows why. But I'd love it if the US won the World Cup at some point before I die. The rest of the world would be outraged and Americans would care until the next NASCAR race. I'd laugh and laugh.

Speaking of international sports, I was watching some of the international ESPN when I was in Asia. Man people around the world care about some lame sports. Not only golf, which of course Americans play probably more than anyone and which is an abomination on the face of the earth, but other, even lamer events. They were really pumping this international archery tournament. Now archery is cool and all and I'm sure it's fun to do. But how could you watch that? I'm getting sleepy just writing about it.

Also, I'd like to congratulate Floyd Landis on being the first Floyd to win something since Floyd Tillman was inducted into the Country Music of Hall of Fame in 1984.

Really the point of this entire post was to give me a chance to discuss Floyd Tillman.