Friday, August 01, 2008

Return of the Son of Random 10

It's been awhile, but I'm going to revive my random 10 here. It's purely for selfish motivations - I enjoyed doing it, plain and simple. I may not do it every Friday, and I'll probably only offer comments on random songs when I'm so inclined, but there you have it.

(And a quick comment: "The Freed Pig" is one of the best singles of the 1990s. The Sebadoh original is great, and Kim Deal's sped-up version makes it even edgier. Just great, great rock, 90s or otherwise, both versions).

1. "I'll Believe in Anything" - Wolf Parade
2. "New Orleans Joys" - Jelly Roll Morton
3. "Knock Knock" - The Hives
4. "Pabellon de Las Rosas (Vals)" - Juan D'Arienzo & Su Orquestra Tipica
5. "Freed Pig" - Breeders
6. "Yonder Stands the Sinner" - Neil Young
7. "I Missed the Point" - Neko Case
8. "After Hours" - Velvet Underground
9. "Long Divison" - Death Cab for Cutie
10. "French Tickler" - Sonic Youth