Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Viva Nuevo Mexico (Penultimate)

The greatest New Mexico story I've ever heard:

A friend of mine is doing jury duty in a northern New Mexico county. They are going through jury selection and the guy being charged is sitting there. The judge asks if anyone knows the defendant and therefore can't serve. One guy gets up and says that he can't serve because he was the defendant's cell mate for a year. He is dismissed.

This beats out my previous favorite New Mexico story which I may or may not have written about many moons ago on this blog. I was driving in Santa Fe. I was at a light ready to turn left. On the left was a liquor store. The guy in the car in front of me gets out of the car, leaves his car in the road, and walks into the liquor store. The light turns, everyone just goes around the car that's still sitting in the road and goes on their way.

God, I love New Mexico.