Friday, July 20, 2007

Erik's Random Ten

I haven't done one of these in awhile. So why not go back to it.

I've talked before about the greatness of the utterly unknown songwriter Buddy Tabor. Tabor paints houses in Juneau. He also produces some of the best songs I have ever heard. "Sweet Liza Jane" isn't a particular favorite of mine I guess. But it is like many of his more average songs--much better than the best songs by many far better known singer-songwriters. Tabor is really great and I can't recommend him highly enough. I've also said this before, but his albums are almost impossible to acquire. I have an address for him. If you want to get one, let me know and I'll give it to you. Some previous posts where I've gone into more detail about Tabor are linked below:

http://alterdestiny.blogspot.com/2005/09/new-music.html

http://alterdestiny.blogspot.com/2005/05/music-meme.html

There are more, including one when I discussed him at length, but for some reason, I can't find them now.

1. Buddy Tabor, Sweet Liza Jane
2. Greek Traditional Music and Dance, Koftos
3. Mi and L'au, Burns
4. Fleetwood Mac, Gold Dust Woman
5. Drive-By Truckers, Wednesday
6. James Gang, There I Go Again
7. Ali Farka Toure, ASCO
8. BR 5-49, Bonus Track
9. Terry Allen, The Beautiful Waitress
10. Pink Floyd, Sheep