Thursday, October 15, 2009

We Clearly Live in a Post-Racial Society

Good ol' Louisiana.

Keith Bardwell, Justice of the Peace in Tangipahoa Parish refuses to conduct interracial marriages:

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."

If he does an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

"I try to treat everyone equally," he said.


Race totally doesn't matter in America anymore....

Via Think Progress