Monday, November 09, 2009

Coburn Hates Veterans

I guess people in Oklahoma like that Tom Coburn holds up every piece of legislation to protest its cost, but holding up veterans benefits seems like a really bad idea. Moreover, it seems like a useful to attack Coburn in his upcoming Senate election.

I've thought for years that Democrats need to be far more aggressive in creating negative campaigns against Republicans when they screw over veterans, as happened so often in the Bush years. But of course, Democrats think politics is a place for civil, reasoned discourse, an assertion that has cost them dearly in the past.

Me, I'd put up signs all over the place screaming in driver's faces that Tom Coburn doesn't support veterans. I'd run TV ads in the state's inexpensive TV market with actual veterans attacking Coburn.

But I'm sure the Democrats won't do that.