Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Here's To Good Friends

One of the hardest part about my wife being in Houston is that I have trouble dealing with being alone for very long. In an ideal world, I would be with other people and having conservations with those people the whole day, except for maybe the early morning when a little alone time to wake up is nice. I don't know why this is. I think that loving conversation is part of it. But I get lonely pretty quick without being around people. Who knows why.

Anyway, I consider myself extremely lucky that I have such great friends. It is they who are keeping me sane during this period. I owe a particular thanks to my friends in Albuquerque who have allowed me to crash at their places after nights of fun and who have listened to me talk about all sorts of things that are probably boring to them.

I generally have found the most wonderful friends in my life. To me friends are far more important than family (wife excluded) because I choose my friends whereas families seem like a joke from God who just throws random people together to see what happens. Perhaps this is a reflection upon my own family more than others, who knows, but it's how I feel about it.

So raise a glass to your friends and tell them how you really feel about them. I'm at work so I'm raising my nalgene bottle to them. Later, I'll buy them all drinks.