Wednesday, December 27, 2006

2007 Death List

Here is my 2007 Death List. Assuming no last minute additions, er...subtractions. I had 5 go off last year's thanks to the late demise of Gerald Ford. I think that's pretty impressive, as such things go.

1. Michaelangelo Antonioni
2. John Wooden
3. Jane Wyman
4. Floyd Dominy
5. Ariel Sharon
6. Fidel Castro
7. Lady Bird Johnson
8. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.
9. Clark Terry
10. Jesse Helms

The thing about this year's list is that so many of the characters that I really wanted to die died last year--Pinochet and Milton Friedman particularly. This year, the only people who I'll be real happy to see go are Helms and Sharon. Dominy was a bastard too but a more obscure one. You could argue that for Castro too but my hatred of the Miami Cubans far exceeds whatever negative feelings I have for Fidel.

Care to try and challenge me!