Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Baseball Predictions - Umm....Thanks?

Sports Illustrated predicts the Indians will win the Central. I can't help but be excited for this year after the enormous letdown of last year, but...

Sports Illustrated also has the Tribe losing to the Yankees in the first round. I know there's a reason they play the 162 games, instead of just doign paper-winners, but if that's how it ends up...well, I'm not sure my physical form will be able to maintain the sheer energy force that will be my Yankee hatred if the Yanks beat them in the playoffs (think the Emperor's death at the end of the Return of the Jedi - we're talking that kind of hatred).

Still, at least they didn't pick the Tribe to win the World Series. If I recall correctly, the last time that happened, the Tribe lost over 100 games back in the 80s. Good times...