Monday, June 30, 2008

Always Bring Your Camera

I should have learned the lesson that you should always have a camera on you when I was in a Mexico City subway station and ran across an exhibit on how to artifically inseminate cows. But of course I didn't. Thus, I have no pictures from when my traveling partner and I, along with a couple of guys training to be priests, ran across a gay pride parade in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Now, I don't know anything about the acceptance of gays in Bolivia, but I assumed it not to be very welcoming. Perhaps I was wrong because it was a pretty big parade with a lot of people out to watch.

Interestingly, this was the first gay pride parade I have ever seen. I certainly didn't expect that to be in Bolivia. And sadly, I have no pictures.

In other news, I recommend not throwing yourself into eating at the markets with quite the vigor I did, as the last two days have been a touch unpleasant.