Thursday, June 05, 2008

Lakers

On the eve of the NBA finals, I want to emphasize to you how much I hate the motherfucking Lakers. As a long-suffering Blazers fan, I can't fully express in words my loathing for these bastards. Game 6 of the Western Conference finals in 1991, when the Blazers were the best team in basketball, is one example. Somehow the Blazers found themselves down 3-2. They had a fast break to wing Game 6 and take it back to Portland when Cliff Robinson bounced the ball off his goddamn face. Lakers win.

Then there is 2000. Game 7 of the Western Conference finals. Blazers up 15 at the end of the 3rd. I knew, just knew that the Lakers were going to win. And of course they did.

There are so many other examples too. I swear the whole league is fixed. And mostly in favor of the Lakers. The trade for Kobe after Charlotte drafted him. Why did Charlotte make that trade again? And then the Gasol trade this year. It's like David Stern is personally intervening on their behalf.

I want nothing more than to see Boston win. But there's no way that is happening.