Sunday, November 01, 2009

Nice World Series coverage, Fox. You want to come kick my dog, too?

I don't get any television networks, so while I've paid close attention via the internet, I haven't been able to watch any of the baseball playoffs this year. However, as an Indians fan, that may be for the better this World Series. In addition to the typical crimes against intelligence and decency that Buck and McCarver manage to wage every year, apparently, there was also this during Game One:

The pain [for Indians fans] was there, assisted by the FOX graphic showing the 2009 post-season records for both Lee and Sabathia accompanied by pictures of each still donning Chief Wahoo, with the title “You Still Have LeBron” delivering the final knockout punch to an unwitting city that once again was forced to come to grips with their second-class status.
OK, it's bad enough you had to point out that yes, we didn't get to keep either of the last two AL Cy Young winners. But rubbing it in with the "LeBron" comment? Barring the return of Arrested Development to TV, I think it's safe to say I will never, ever, ever watch another Fox program as long as I live. Perhaps I'll even add "pissing on Rupert Murdoch's grave" to my list of things to do in my lifetime.

Oh, and Fox?

Fuck. You.