Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dealers

I'm at my parents house. My Dad and I are driving home and we see a someone sketchy looking woman walking down the street. My Dad says she's going to the dealer's house across the street, which of course she is (it's a great neighborhood and always has been). The cops are frequently at the house and it contains all the typical issues with drug dealing houses.

Here's my question though. I realize dealers aren't exactly the cream of the crop in intellect. But isn't it fairly obvious that if you are going to deal drugs, you should deliver? I would think that if you delivered, you would avoid much of the risk of dealing drugs. The cops would never visit your home. Your neighbors would have no clue what was going on. You could operate for much longer without getting caught, assuming you didn't speed while driving, had a reasonable looking car, and didn't dress like a fuck up.

On the other hand, given the number of dealers who imbibe in their own products, I guess this explains the whole situation.