Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Does Exxon-Mobil Corporate Headquarters Have a Gilded Hall They Call "Main Street"?

I hate so much that Republicans always talk about themselves as the voice of Main Street. Here's "reasonable conservative" (TM) Kathleen Parker talking about her new CNN show with Eliot Spitzer:

"With Eliot Spitzer as my co-host, Wall Street and Main Street will finally meet. It can't possibly be boring.”
First of all, yes it can be boring.

Second, what the hell does Kathleen Parker know about Main Street?  When was the last time she walked down a dying Main Street in Ohio or Michigan? Probably never and if she has, I'm sure it was just to prove a point. So if by Main Street you mean the main street of a tony South Carolina or Florida suburb, I'm sure Kathleen Parker knows it really well. But if by Main Street you mean a place where average Americans exist, I don't think she knows it at all.