Friday, January 14, 2005

That Wily Liberal Media

Charles Krauthammer in the Washington Post is evidentially ready to take over William Safire's role as the king of Republican party hackwork in the print media. Today, he writes of the liberal bias of CBS and especially Dan Rather in context of the documents about Bush's National Guard record. He goes on, blah blah blah, about how they should have investigated "real" scandals, such as the UN food for oil deal or whether the Swift Boat charges against Kerry were true. Um, OK.

And where's FOX in this story, where O'Reilly and Hannity can make whatever claims they want about Democrats? Totally nonexistent you say. Wow, that's really surprising. And for evidence that he's correct, he cites a poll saying that 45% of Americans say the media is too liberal and 15% who say it is too conservative. I wonder if a decade or more of constant chirping on this topic, BY PEOPLE IN THE MEDIA, had anything to do with that number.

I was worried that with Safire retiring I wouldn't get my twice weekly or so bit of partisan garbage. I should have known that I just had to read Krauthammer.