Friday, June 16, 2006

Fandango

I have a simple question for the blogosphere:

What the fuck is deal with Fandango? How hard is it to go to the ticket counter and buy a ticket. Last night, I went to see Brick (which I highly recommend) and my wait at the ticket counter was all of 0 seconds. So I could pay extra money to buy my tickets at home, in addition to spending actual time doing this, or I could go to the ticket counter, wait my 0 seconds, and get a ticket.

If people want to throw away their money, that's fine. They're probably watching Da Vinci Code anyway so clearly they have no compunction about flushing their money down the toilet. But stupid Fandango routinely has to oppress me with their stupid ads before the movie starts. I enter every movie now with a feeling of irritation about having a product forced down my throat, not to mention a product that is completely without value.

Am I missing something here?