Monday, September 25, 2006

The Dangers of Teaching, Part 5

It really sucks to be feeling bad while teaching. You have to keep some semblance of dignity while telling your students a bunch of lies about how America is bad. Maybe that's the problem--if I told my students a tale of America as the greatest nation in the history of the world I would feel fine.

Anyway, for some reason I had some intestinal issues last week. That means in part a bit of gas. Sadly, about 15 minutes into my last class I seriously needed to take care of that problem. But how? The answer is that there is no answer. So I am lecturing on the Mexican War while trying not to explode like the Hindenburg. Then, to make things worse, I forgot to bring back the papers I had graded for the students who didn't pick them up last week. So a couple of students followed me back to my office to get them. All of this meant holding in my problems even longer.

God I thought I was going to die.