Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Wonder of New Tech

As everyone knows, we here at Alterdestiny love technology. Moreover, we are great at manipulating it. I got a great deal on a friend's used HD television, which I thought was a really cool idea. So, I get the thing home today and, what'd'ya know, I hook everything up like I think I know how to (because the manual's bizarre, stylized, and arcane depictions make no sense) and nothing works. Finally, after three plus frustrating hours working with it, plugging in cords where I didn't know there were holes before, I got everything working, sort of. How can they expect the average person to understand their jargon without defining their terms? It's as if their desire is to have their televisions broken. Luckily, though, I will now be able to view the Super Bowl in High-Definition, which will better allow me to pretend I'm in Miami for the game without being forced to actually go to Miami. I love technology so much I could vomit all over myself.