Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cold Turkey

As I've mentioned recently, after 18 months in Rio, I'm returning to the U.S. on Thursday, after what will no doubt be a delightful 12 hour flight (seriously, I don't know how people can fly to Asia, even with drugs). As part of the process of moving back to the U.S., I'm having my internet cut off tomorrow morning, so I will be internet-free (for better or worse) for four days. Posting will thus obviously be non-existent from me until at least Friday, Monday at the latest.

For those who stop by for the Brazil blogging, I will continue to do all I can upon my return to the U.S. Fortunately, I get most of my news from the internet, and so while obvious cultural and daily observations will be diminished (as I'm no longer daily in Brazil), I will still be writing frequently on Brazil and Latin America. Also, "Get to Know A Brazilian" will be returning soon, greatly facilitated by the fact that I'll actually have a lot more books at my disposal in the U.S. So stay tuned.