Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Timeout Charged to Erik--He Has An Infitinte Amount Left

Quick note on my blogging absence.

It seems like this happens to me twice a year. I want to be a bigger name blogger but I get burned out from time to time. This despite the significant growth we have seen this year. It was spurred by a conference in Boise and then a week long research/visiting parents trip in Eugene.

But the roots of this also comes from the fact that I am utterly burned out on politics right now. I just don't care. I am so sick of the Obama/Clinton thing that I can't bear seeing either of them. One thing that getting away from the computer does is put the world into perspective. I am interested in so much more than politics--in a lot of ways it is just a small part of the kind of person I am. That doesn't mean I couldn't be writing about other things I guess. But I just don't want to right now. I'd rather watch the behavior of geese and start exploring the history of breweries.

I'll be back. But I'm real glad Lyrad is picking up the historical images.

Now, back to isolation.