Monday, January 05, 2009

My, how the world changes when your browser freaks out

Tomorrow is the first day of classes, and I'm in my office working away getting ready. I opened up a new window in my browser about an hour ago, and something went haywire with my computer. The screen froze, and split in two, and kind of shifted-- a sort of graphical earthquake. My homepage is Yahoo, and the top news stories went from thus:

• Obama's intelligence picks short on direct experience
• Pirates hijack French boat off Nigeria's coast; nine held hostage
• Democrat Al Franken says Senate victory 'incredibly humbling'
• Massive landslide kills at least 34, injures 15 in Guatemala
• Gas prices up for first time in 16 weeks; crude oil also rises
• Bush family mourns death of 18-year-old White House cat
• NFL · NCAA Football · NBA · NCAA Hoops · NHL · Soccer

to thus:

• Obama's intelligence picks short on ; nine held hostage
• Pirates hijack French boat off Nigeria' victory incredibly humbling
• Democrat Al Franken says Senate victory injures 15 in Guatemala
• Gas prices up for first time in 16 weeks White House cat
• Bush family mourns death of 18-year-old NHL • Soccer

Okay, so the one about gas prices doesn't really work. The rest I thought were pretty funny.

Stuart Smalley really hates Guatemalans apparently.