Saturday, June 13, 2009

Easy Answers to Stupid Questions

At the New York Times, the headline reads: "Weekend Opinionator: Is Racist Hate Republican or Democratic?"

Easy Answer to Stupid Question: It's neither, assholes. There are racists in both parties, and I could readily provide examples from my own personal experience and from your own newspaper in the past year. Or has everyone else forgotten the primary campaign and then the general election?

There are also racist communists, and racist anarchists, and obviously racist fascists and racist Libertarians and racists in the Temperance Party and the Green Party.

As for the partisan blame-fest, I already said this, and unlike this guy who got paid far more than I did, I actually wrote my own thoughts down instead of cutting and pasting other people's comments.