Friday, June 05, 2009

Things I Learned in Mexico

Well, I'm back from Mexico after 4 months of living in a beautiful city called Cuernavaca, just one hour south of Mexico City.  Here are some things I learned:

  1. Spending time with people is a lot more satisfying than getting more “important” things done
  2. A landfill is better than leaving all the trash in the streets
  3. Most Mexicans don’t hate U.S. Citizens
  4. The Zapatistas are not environmentalists
  5. Mexican Indians are still getting shafted by the government
  6. If it weren’t for Santa Ana, I would be Mexican (They don’t really dwell on this in Texas History)
  7. Most Mexicans probably know more about Hollywood movies than I do
  8. The love for Radiohead is universal
  9. Conquering a bus system that doesn’t have a map of the routes is a lot more satisfying than you would think
  10. Beer without limejuice is lame