Friday, June 19, 2009

Random Sports Tidbits

-While Bernie Kosar was the first football player I remember loving (and the '87 and '88 Browns my first of many experiences with Cleveland heartbreak - damn you, Elway! damn you, Byner!), and I hope he gets through this, I at the same time have a hard time feeling bad for somebody who had the chance to lose tens of millions of dollars.

-I also remember Mel Hall from that time in my life, as he (along with the likes of Greg Swindell, Joe Carter, Brett Butler, Brook Jacoby, Cory Snyder, Andre Thornton, Phil Niekro, and so many others) was a member of the Indians when I first got into baseball as a kid. Now, more than 20 years later, I can remember for something far more criminal and disgusting.

-I really look forward to watching Red Sox nation have an absolute aneurysm over this. Heaven forbid a baseball player look at his job with the same cold, financial professionalism and realism that the owners have.