Monday, February 19, 2007

Just When I Thought I Lived in a Good College Town...

...reality comes back to slap me in the face. I know that Denton has its share of frat life, I leave very near to the row, and I've spoken briefly on it before. Still, instances of their atrocities are few and far between (far fewer than Davis, CA, say). Today on my way home from work, much as I didn't hear any of their drunken blather, I did see parked at the hotel near my house a huge pink and black bus with the big GGW on the side and "Girls Gone Wild's Search for the World's Wildest Bar Contest" on the back. Yessir, the age-old search for the nation's most willfully degraded women is still on, and don't worry, they haven't forgotten small town Texas.

This now ranks as No. 2 in my list of tour busses I never wanted to see. No. 1 is, of course, Toby Keith's "Shockin' Y'all" tour when he was filming a video at some pasture for a month a couple of years ago. That's hard to top.