Thursday, November 01, 2007

Why I love The Onion

For those who don't check out The Onion's American Voices, you're really missing out. However, some resonate more than others, and while I love my hometown of Akron, this can't be beat:

The State Department has said that it may force Foreign Service staff to
serve in the U.S. embassy in Baghdad if they do not get enough volunteers to
fill 40-50 vacancies. What do you think?
Philip Kendricks,Carpenter's Apprentice"American diplomats have been forced
to work in undesirable postings before. Akron, for one."

(Another great response is "Maybe we could try to make Iraq better. Has that been suggested yet?")


Also, this week's story on A-Rod (sample: "Someday, I can tell my kid that I was at some baseball game when [Rodriguez's agent] Scott Boras sent an e-mail to the Associated Press saying that A-Rod had just opted out of the final three years on his 10-year, $252 million contract.") is dead-on.