Thursday, September 28, 2006

Alms for a Leper?

So, my face is falling off. To say it more accurately, just the skin on my face.

The sun and I don't get along very well. That's ok, we can agree to disagree. It's a neccessary evil and I have come to accept that. In any case, I went to see the final Texas Rangers' home game this past Saturday (in which I had the pleasure of seeing my first ever inside-the-park home run, mostly because Carlos Lee is in the running for history's worst fielder) and I got a little sunburn. No big deal...or so I thought. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account the warning label on the painkillers I'm taking to help some severe back spasms I have had recently, which clearly states "Avoid prolonged or excessive exposure to direct sunlight while taking this medication." I guess I looked at that much as I look at the warning not to drink while taking them, with a scoffing glance. On Tuesday, however, I woke to find my the skin on my face tightened into a painfully connected mask. Yesterday, that painful mask became even tighter and began to crack. This morning, when I dried my face off, I looked in the mirror to find myself wearing, in pro wrestling terms, the crimson mask. That is, covered in blood. Every time a flake of skin falls off, there is left a raw patch where there is supposed to be new skin which, unfortunately, has not grown. I am gruesome, scarier than I normally look. Open sores, large red patches, and there's still the sunburn that has not molted yet. It looks like somebody cut the tip of my nose off. I apologize if anybody is eating while reading this. At this point, I can look in the mirror to squelch my appetite.

The sun and I are officially not on speaking terms for a while. Hopefully, I will learn a lesson about heeding warnings.

By the way...got any change?