Monday, December 31, 2007

Mister Trend's 2008 Death List

I was once again 2-10 last year (Vonnegut and Bergman), which is ok with me, because I didn't wish anybody any ill will last year. And unlike Erik, I like to mix it up a bit, instead of just totally rehashing the previous year's list and plugging in newbies where the holes are (though I do repeat Gabor, Harvey, Levi-Strauss, and Niemeyer - the latter two are 99 and 100, for crying out loud!). I don't wish anybody on my list any ill will this year (I kept Thatcher off, due to my "Emperor [of Star Wars] Theory of Evil"). That said, here is my death list for 2008 (in alphabetical order).

1. Elliot Carter
2. Arthur C. Clarke
3. Bo Diddley
4. Zsa-Zsa Gabor
5. Billy Graham
6. Paul Harvey
7. Claude Levi-Strauss
8. Oscar Niemeyer
9. Bettie Page
10. Studs Terkel