Friday, December 28, 2007

Mister Trend's Random 10

This week's Random 10 gives me the chance for meaningless, pointless complaining. There's not much I can say in favor of the Killers, actually. I like exactly two of their songs, and think the rest are pretty mediocre, with some being flat-out bad. The two songs I do like are on my iPod - no more, no less. Just two. Yet both of them popped up in the first 10 when set to "Shuffle" this week. This has happens almost every week. I tend to edit out songs from repeat artists for the next song that pops up when this happens, and it usually happens with artists who I own a lot of their stuff (John Coltrane, Sonic Youth, Miles Davis, etc.). Yet here I am, not just two songs with LCD Soundsystem (of whom I own all of 3 CDs), but somehow, with both Killers songs. It's not that I hate the music - I'm just beginning to grow weary of my machine's laziness in actually "shuffling" things up. Though I guess this apparent laziness means my iPod won't be part of the hordes of robots that rise up to overthrow their human masters someday. Or maybe it's just acting lazy, waiting for the right moment to strike.

1. "Nightswimming" - R.E.M.
2. "Thrills" - LCD Soundsystem
3. "Read My Mind" - The Killers
4. "Love In the Plaster" - The Hives
5. "A Day In the Life" - The Beatles
6. "Pacific Coast Highway" - Sonic Youth
7. "All These Things That I've Done" - The Killers
8. "Give It Up" - LCD Soundsystem
9. "Tranesonice" - John Coltrane
10. "Blues for Big Town" - John Lee Hooker