Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies

Normally, I'd snark about whiny Philadelphia fans complaining about no title since 1983 and say something bitter like "Cleveland - 1964."


But a true, heartfelt congrats to the Phillies, their fans, and the city of Philadelphia. Every year, watching the sheer joy of the champions, I get a little tearful, imagining how great it must feel to be that team's fans (except, of course, when it's the Yankees - then the tears are for a completely different reason), and this year is no exception. I have no doubt if my beloved Indians ever win a World Series, I'll bawl like a baby, but as I can't do that this year, I'm happy for the Phillies and their fans. Congrats, too, to the players, and a particularly meaningful congrats to Charlie Manuel, beloved former Indians' manager - it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy not named Eric Wedge.

And again, Congrats to a great season and a World Championship.


And....Indians, 2009!!!!