Monday, December 29, 2008

A Belated Thank-You

Dear Anonymous NY Police Person,

I just wanted to give you a big thanks for giving me a ticket for being double parked two days before Christmas. I had rented the car, ran upstairs to my apartment, grabbed my suitcase for my 9 and a half hour drive through Jersey traffic (for the first two hours) and freezing rain (for the last two hours). You guys never check double parking on my street (including the day my visiting parents couldn't get their car out for 3 hours because they were double parked in). Yet right before the holidays, you decided to bring some holiday cheer to my neighborhood. I was literally in that spot for three minutes, yet you wasted no time in swooping out of nowhere to give me a $115 ticket. I really appreciated your big, brave act - it really made my Christmas holiday complete. Thanks a million.

Jerk.

Yours,
Mr. Trend