Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dobbs

Why do I even do it? Why do I open a link to the latest Lou Dobbs' piece? Do I hate myself? Do I have a sick fascination with evil? Sigh.

Yesterday, Dobbs opened up on Democrats refusing to wear the flag lapel pin. First, I want to congratulate those Democrats like Barack Obama who are drawing the line. It's a stupid, meaningless symbol that panders to the basest part of American society.

But that is Lou Dobbs' schtick and he defends it. He uses the classic right-wing "you're a traitor but the fact that you can do that is why this is such a great country even though I wish I could throw you in prison you commie bastard" trope.

Dobbs pukes:

"The Couric, Moyers and Obama explanations of their discomfort with the wearing of the American flag should give us all pause, because whatever our partisan affiliation, whether liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat, each of us should at least agree that we are Americans, that our allegiance is to this country and that our national values of individual liberty and equality are the foundation upon which we all stand as Americans. The flag belongs to all of us as Americans, and it's our right to either wear a lapel pin or not.

I choose to wear that flag on my lapel because the nation it represents makes that choice possible."

Meanwhile, Lou is paying a Mexican migrant 13 cents a day to wash his American flag bed sheets.