Saturday, February 02, 2008

Burt Reynolds Blog-a-Thon


There is a Burt Reynolds blog-a-thon happening. The most necessary event in the history of the medium.

I actually have a Burt story to share. I was in Santa Fe about 4 years ago. I walked out of the Lensic Theatre, where I went to pick up some concert tickets. I turn the corner and who walks past me but Reynolds! If you had asked me before that, "Would you recognize Burt Reynolds if he walked past you on the street," I'd say probably not. But I totally did. There's really no mistaking him. I found out later he was in town filming that remake of The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler.

He was a lot shorter than I thought. Maybe 5'10 or so. He was tanned to the point that I think his internal organs were also tanned. And he had a lot of gold on. It was awesome. And definitely my best star-sighting moment ever. Although randomly seeing David Byrne once was cool.