Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Chuck Norris: The Key to the GOP Nomination

What's more ridiculous than a Republican candidate who thinks he's "cool?" You guessed it. That Huckabee really believes that Chuck Norris will help his campaign. This funny little story about a Norris/Huckabee rally a couple of nights ago really says it well. I guess the line of reasoning for his inclusion in the campaigning is a three step process. First, Chuck Norris is a right wing scumbag. Second, Huckabee heard some young people make some stupid Chuck Norris joke, which are all too plentiful and not very funny. Finally, a light goes on in Huckabee's little brain: "Eureka! Norris can help me connect with the youth of America!" And so Norris is on the campaign trail. I defy any of this "weird group of teenagers who were unusually excited about abolishing the IRS" to watch Braddock: Missing in Action 3 and tell me that this is the man we want to listen to. Peabrains beget peabrains though, so what can I say?